Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just A Thought May 21, 2009

"Blessed are the ears that hear the pulse of the divine whisperer, and give no heed to the many whisperings of the world."

I had a talk with a minister from my former church last night and for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past 4 months, my greatest fears were confirmed. I have been called into ministry. I am compelled to speak, driven to write, dying to sing, yearning to dance and its all for the glory of God. For the past three days I've had no voice really. As I thought long and hard about why I'd lost my voice, I came to conclusion that there must be something that God wants me to hear and since I wouldn't shut up on my own, He had to do it for me. Well, what I heard was no different than what I've been hearing. Only this time, I'm really listening. I'd be lying if I said that I am not afraid. I feel as though I'm being set up. When I think of ministry, I don't think of people like me. I think of people that inspire greatness. I think of people that have much and do much with it. What is it that I'm supposed to say? And who in the world wants to hear it? While I pray daily for the answers to these questions, more than that I pray that the Lord is pleased with my response.

"Theology, not morality, is the first business on the church`s agenda of reform, and the church, not society, is the first target of divine criticism."

No comments:

Post a Comment