Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 20, 2008

"All weddings are similar, but every marriage is different."

As I was reading a bridal magazine in line at the grocery store yesterday, I couldn't help but think about how pretty I'd look in a wedding dress. (Hell, I lost 6 lbs. last week on "the flu" so I'm looking good. LOL) How many other women waste precious time with these same silly daydreams? I wonder how much time is actually spent daydreaming about the marriage itself. So many women spend time picking the perfect dress, location, flowers, ring, etc. that they lose sight of the fact that "ever after" begins the moment the wedding ends. Marriage is about so much more than the wedding. Why do you think so many men are scared?? LOL They UNDERSTAND that it's no longer about them anymore. I think us women tend to be a little selfish in our expectations of marriage. I can tell you from experience that failed marriages cause more people to suffer than just the bride and groom. If we put half the thought we give weddings into marriage as an institution, I believe more marriages would last till "death do us part." Next time around (Oh my, did I just say that?), perhaps I'll elope and focus my energy on building a solid foundation for my family that culminates in a celebration after 5-10 successful years of wedded bliss.

"The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together."

No comments:

Post a Comment