Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 14, 2008

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

Sometimes its just not our fault. I get that. But what about when it is? One thing I honestly cannot stand is when a person refuses to accept responsibility for something that has taken place............that is THEIR FAULT. Shifting blame is not only unattractive, but a sign of immaturity. Its mentally draining to be around someone that blames everyone and everything else for all their problems. I know how easy it can be to chalk your lack of progress up to "the man." He seems to be responsible for holding generations of folk back. As a matter of fact, I think he is only second to Satan. We blame so much on the devil that I am sure from time to time he has to pause and say, "Now that was NOT me!" There will come a day when we will be called to speak on the life we've lived and "it wasn't my fault" won't be good enough. There are things that will happen that will be beyond our control, but those things pale in comparison to the circumstances and events we have the power to avoid and/or change.

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment