Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 29, 2008

"Other men's sins are before our eyes; our own are behind our backs."

I have a tendency to care just a little too much about what everyone else thinks. It is for this reason that I am overly critical of myself. I am reluctant to step into the fullness of my God given gifts because there are folk that will say I am not "holy" enough to carry out His works. As a good friend of mine and I talked one day last week, he pointed out that all of the people I considered to be spiritual role models were all imperfect in some way. Isn't it amazing how we can idolize someone and place them on a pedestal when in reality they are just like us? What is it that keeps us from seeing ourselves as just as if not more so worthy of God's grace and favor. In just about every Biblical miracle, God used some imperfect person to bring forth His perfect will. What's keeping you from being used? A Bishop I heard preach this summer says that its our "buts." The word but when used in a sentence negates everything that comes before it. He said we need to learn how to "get our buts out of God's way." God knows that you have faults and have fallen short of His glory. That's the reason He allowed His only son to be the ultimate sacrifice, to perfect in you that which you would never be able to perfect yourself. Decide today to work on submitting yourself to His will and His way, and in the process use the abilities He has bestowed upon you to carry out His works.

"Should we all confess our sins to one another we would laugh at one another for our lack of originality."

No comments:

Post a Comment