Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 12, 2008

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."

I used to complain alot (right now people that know me are dropping their jaws in awe thinking "used to?"). But it's true. I used to complain about everything. That changed one day when I was reading the book of Romans. The verse said that the "wages of sin is death." This means that every day God allows me to open my eyes to see another day, he has already given me more than I deserve. That fact is enough to stop you right in the midst of a complaint. Does this mean that there is nothing to complain about? LOL No not at all. Any one of us can easily find something to be unhappy about. What I am saying is that there SHOULDN'T be anything to complain about. For everything you find to fuss about, I guarantee you that there is someone out there who is managing to make it without that very thing. Think about it: that gout in your left foot (yep, somebody is making it by without a left foot), those kids that get on your last nerve (somebody is begging and pleading EVERY night that He would just bless them with ONE child), that raggedy car that you are sick of driving ( the person at the bus stop would probably be glad to switch with you). My point is that every now and again, life can hit us hard. It is in these times that we must remind ourselves of all that is right in our lives. If that ever gets too hard for you to do, stop and take a deep breath, and begin RIGHT THERE.

"When we lose one blessing, another is often, most unexpectedly, given in its place"

No comments:

Post a Comment