Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just A Thought April 24, 2009

"Affection means more when it comes from a guy who doesn't normally give it. "

This past weekend I ran into a guy that I used to work with. I had an idea that this guy was interested in me, but his actions seemed to contradict my beliefs. Needless to say, I moved on. Well as we were catching up, he asked me why it is that women always walk past the guy that's really interested in them to choose the guy that only wants to play games. It was in this moment that I realized the problem: nice guys just don't get it! It's not that we women want to be mistreated, or even that we like it. Truth is, we don't purposely pick the wrong guy. We are drawn in by his confidence. See, the wrong guy has NO problem stepping to us. He's not ashamed that he lives in his Mom's basement, or that he hasn't worked in over a year. It doesn't bother him one bit that he's got kids that he can't really support, he still wants more. The fact that he has no car doesn't bother him one bit, cause hey, you've got one! His gimmick is: I'm trying. That's what reels us in, hook, line and sinker. He's trying. We love the fact that he's willing to include us in the process. It appears genuine and all we want is someone that's gonna put forth an effort. The nice guy is too busy admiring us from afar. He's afraid that we're not going to receive him because he's yet to reach where he wants to be. It usually takes us a few trips around the block to realize the game and by that time we've accumulated so much baggage that there's really no room for the nice guy. I said all that to say that confidence is what gets you in. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't think you're good enough, why should anyone else?

"The difference between winners and losers is that winners do what losers don't want to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment