Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 21, 2008

"Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only for wallowing in."

I have been beating myself up for about 3 weeks over a decision I did not want to make. Knowing that something needs to be done, does NOT make it any easier or more desirable to do. Especially when the result will be losing something or someone you truly love. However, when they've got to go............they've got to go! So now what? They're gone............and you hate it. Well the good news is: I'm still here. Living , loving and laughing. I realize that I have wasted some pretty valuable time whining about what I thought I had. Something so much better has blown on into my life, but I can't fully appreciate it cause I am stuck on Stupid. Why is that? What in the world causes us to feel bad about walking away from the worst thing that has ever happened to us? Whatever it is, I have decided today that I can no longer entertain it. I cast down any and all regret that finds its way into my psyche from this day forward ............................. for Lord knows:

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment