Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 1, 2008

"Everyday I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

People often times look at me crazy when I tell them I work 80 hours or more a week. This is laughable to me because I don't think I work hard at all. I honestly work harder at home with my children than I do at work. I guess it all depends on how you look at the situation. Don't get me wrong............I am ready and willing to accept whatever assistance people want to give me, BUT it sure feels good being able to provide myself and my family with the things that we want and need. This is why I have never completely understood the people that just refuse to work. I mean, if you can afford not to work, do you. But being able to afford to not work does not consist of you living off of my hard earned (and lately piss poorly spent) tax dollars. Where is the pride in receiving a handout........ALL THE TIME? We will all need a hand up at some time in our lives. I would be naive to think that we wouldn't, but all the time???? I guess some people feel:

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment