Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 8, 2008

" We mistakenly assume that if our partners love us they will react and behave in certain ways- the ways we react and behave when we love someone."

I love hard. Nothing makes me happier than to see the object of my affection satisfied. This means that often times I will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to make him happy. The problems usually arise for me when I feel slighted. I often times make the mistake of expecting to receive the type of love that I give. Understand that that love does not exist. There is only one you. When we base our expectations of others on what WE would do, we are being unfair and setting the stage for turmoil. Take time to learn HOW your partner loves. Some people are not affectionate. Some people are not talkers. This does not however mean that they do not care for you. They just don't care LIKE you do. Love is a verb. We ought not gauge it by what people say, but rather by what they do. Measure it any other way and you will miss out on happiness, because YOUR expectations will never be met.........unless you're loving you.

“ Anger always comes from frustrated expectations."

No comments:

Post a Comment