Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just A Thought November 6, 2008

" Not all religion is to be found in the church, any more than all knowledge is found in the classroom."

I go to church faithfully EVERY Sunday. Bible Study has become a MUST for me. About 2 months ago, I joined the choir and within another month I was on the Praise Team. While I am what one would call "actively involved" in church and its activities, understand that these activities say absolutely NOTHING about my relationship with God. Showing up is merely an outward showing of my spiritual connection. My belief in God's word and my desire to share it with others is what defines my religion. My belief that God sent His only begotten son to die for the pardon of our sins defines my religion. My belief that His son rose on the third day to ascend into heaven with all power in His hands to sit at the right hand of God defines my religion. Most of what I have learned about God and His goodness, did not come from the church. I do not depend on the church to TEACH me about God. That's what the BIBLE is for. Church is where I fellowship with other believers, and enter into the presence of the Lord. It's not the building, its the people. It's not our actions, but our beliefs that make us who we say we are.

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car."

No comments:

Post a Comment