Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just A Thought October 27, 2008

"I shut my eyes in order to see."

I trust my heart WAY too much. Some might say that this is the way to live. I am here to tell you that it is NOT. Your heart will get you in trouble, right along with your feelings. It isn't our vision that we should be using to find our way, but our hearing. You can't see God, but if you sit still long enough and shut up, you can hear Him LOUD AND CLEAR. The problem is often times that we hear Him, but don't agree with what He is saying. It can be hard hearing that "he is NOT the one," or "now is NOT the time." Those sound like "No" to me. But what I have learned is that often times "NOT NOW" sounds like "NO," because we are too busy cutting God off when He's trying to tell us something. The Bible tells us that our first mind is not the mind of His will, so that is reason enough NOT to trust in your feelings alone. Resolve today to find your direction from God.

"Life is God's novel. Let him write it."

No comments:

Post a Comment