Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 16, 2008

"The perfect church service, would be one we were almost unaware of. Our attention would have been on God."

I learned about 6 months ago why it is I need to be in church. I had reached a point where I felt like I was no longer growing. God had been putting things inside of me that I was just letting sit there. Well as we all know, things that sit around unattended soon grow stale. If something is allowed to stay stale long enough, it ferments. You see where I am going. Well I began a quest. What I was searching for was the real reason I go to church. At that particular point in time, all I could come up with was "because I am saved." People gave me all kinds of reasons.........to step into the presence of God (well isn't he in the midst of two or three gathered in his name?), to fellowship with other believers (is it REALLY fellowship if I don't speak to anyone at my church?), to give back to the Lord what he has given to me (Oh, is this about money again?), to worship God (What does that mean?). I have deduced it to this: Praise is what we give God for what He does. Worship is what we do for God because of WHO HE IS. When was the last time you showed up for church just to worship Him? Not to thank Him for your blessings or ask Him for some more, but to truly just REVERENCE Him for being who He is. That's why we should go to church. When worship becomes our driving motivation for being IN the church, then and ONLY then will you really receive your breakthrough.

"Some go to church to see and be seen. Some go there to say they have been. Some go there to sleep and nod. But few go there to worship God."

No comments:

Post a Comment