Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 12, 2008

“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest."

I woke up this morning unable to move my arms and legs. I mean, when I tried the pain was unbearable. All I could think about was how was I going to get to work. I have a big project to complete today. The kids needed to be taken to school. I promised some friends I'd run some errands for them. Tonight is Bible study. As I lay there crying all I could think about was everything I needed to do. I closed my eyes and began to pray. A calm like I have never felt before came over me, and suddenly I realized, I needed to take care of me FIRST. If I am not well, then nothing I set out to do will be done well. We are not cheating anyone when we rest, it's actually just the opposite. Sure some people may be disappointed, but in the long run, they will appreciate you for it.

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."

No comments:

Post a Comment