Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 13, 2008

"I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was 'the man goes on top and the woman underneath.' For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds. "

How is it that such a natural activity is the absolute hardest thing to explain to our children? My daughter is nine years old, and I don't know whether or not to have the talk with her about the "birds and bees." In this day and age our children are learning the ropes whether we teach them or not, but I don't want to throw her in the midst of a world she has no idea even exists. My biggest fear is that I'll take my mother's approach and end up with her result: ME (Oh Lord.......that would NOT be pretty). The way I see it, there is a fine line between what she's gonna do and what I want her to do. I want to teach her that sex is an evil evil deed that will only destroy her life. But I know that all it takes is one opportunity with a cute boy to throw that tale out the window. If I tell her the "real deal" I am afraid that she will be curious and anxious and go running into some lil boy's arms. Either way it goes............I'm doomed.


"Sex: the thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment