Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 9, 2008

"Most people tend to think the best of those who are blessed with beauty; we have difficulty imagining that physical perfection can conceal twisted emotions or a damaged mind."

About a two weeks ago I discovered makeup. I mean I REALLY discovered makeup!!! I am like a whole new woman..........on the outside. Bronzer, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, blush, concealer and more. But after packing all that crap on my face, I feel burdened down. Funny huh? I mean...........people approach me and tell me how beautiful it looks and all I can think about is how I feel about it. I feel as though I am fooling everybody but myself. I still am the same sick, twisted, sordid individual with the same thoughts. The makeup doesn't change that. A friend and I just had this conversation the other night actually. I told her that I prefer to go without makeup because I want folks (men) to see exactly what they get. That's why so many folk (men) end up disappointed now. To use her terminology, they meet our "representatives," and fall in love with them, only to end up with us! Serves you right, if you ask me. Beauty is deeper than the surface. It's not your "look" as much as it is your attitude. As beautiful as people tell me I am, I see my true ugliness when I look in the mirror. I hear it every time I think and there's nothing makeup can do to change that. That's a God size problem.

"Beauty itself soon fades, and when a woman has beauty and nothing else, well, it's like putting all the goods in the shop window, isn't it? And the moment she loses her good looks--poor creature! what is she? Just a mere bit of faded finery to be thrown aside."

No comments:

Post a Comment