Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 10, 2008

"If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on."

I realized this morning that I may have a few "commitment issues." I believe in my heart that I want to be in a committed relationship, but then when I get what I want, I feel smothered and head for the hills. I thought that this was only something that men do (Go figure!), but it's not. The funny thing is, the more I talk to other women, the more I find out how common these feelings are. What is it about getting what you want that's so scary? For me its the "what if" factor. What if I get played? What if this ain't "the one?" What if I miss out on "the one" while I am in this relationship? All those thoughts run through my mind and prohibit me from being as happy as I could be. What I realize now is that I am in control of these thoughts, which ultimately means that I am in control of my happiness. I cannot afford to expend my precious energy worrying about what might be occurring somewhere I am not. I have before me an opportunity to finally have my little piece of heaven..............what am I gonna do with it?


"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment