Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 15, 2008

"Most sermons sound to me like commercials - but I can't make out whether God is the Sponsor or the Product."

When did church become a country club? An elite niche in society for people to congregate in their fanciest digs and relish in all their "giving." A friend and I once discussed how we can't afford the cover charge to get in the church. We were only joking, but the more I look back on that conversation, the more real I feel it was. There are many people right now that do not attend church because EVERY time they do, they feel like they are beat out of ALL their money. Why is that? Sure, the Bible teaches us to give the Lord our first fruits. And we all know that the church doesn't run on love, but really, must we always TALK about the money? Prosperity messages are always tied into your giving, as if you can buy God's grace,mercy and favor. NEWSFLASH: God is NOT for sale. Contrary to what some may have you believe. Faithful givers suffer trials, just as those who don't have it to give. God is not impressed with what you have, for he gave it to you. What he is impressed by is what you CHOOSE to do with what he has blessed you with. In the Bible Jesus instructed us to TELL the "Good News," not SELL it.

" I believe in God; I just don't trust anyone who works for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment