Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 2, 2008

"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were."

I am in a very uncomfortable place right now. I am trying to love with ALL my heart but I can't. I cannot get past the fact that I am being played like Atari and it hurts. I want to do something that I know will make the person that has hurt me feel just like I feel. But what is the point? What will I gain by making someone else feel like I feel right now? Nothing at all. Fleeting joy because it will NOT last. I will still be hurt. "I'll probably always have these ugly scars.......but right now I don't care about that part." So what do I do? To say I forgive is easy, but I always thought that true forgiveness forgets. I CANNOT FORGET............so how can I forgive? I don't know the answer to that. I suppose the true growth will come through my ability to continue to interact with this person in a loving manner. To wish them well in all their endeavors and even still help them achieve the level of success that God has ordained for them. I suppose that is the true test of character and the actual act of forgiveness. After all, I am one of the strongest people I know and they say:

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment