Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 13, 2008

"Sin is not hurtful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is hurtful."

I was always one of those people that had to learn things the hard way. I thought that rules were put in place to keep me from enjoying my life. But as I began to experience life, those rules I chose to break seemed to make perfect sense. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. God's will is for us to be happy in Him. The problem comes when we confuse His happiness with our own. His rules (strict as they may seem) are for our own good. When we choose to do things our way, our happiness costs us so much more. We make conscious decisions every day to do things that we know are outside of His perfect will for us, yet when it all starts to fall apart we wonder why. Take the time to truly consider the consequences of your actions. His mercies are new every morning but that doesn't mean you have to abuse them.

"Men are not punished for their sins, but by them."

No comments:

Post a Comment