Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just A Thought April 17, 2009

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

There have been many times that I've thrown out an idea about something and it was met with immediate opposition, only to be later implemented in some shape or fashion at the insistence of someone else. The first couple of times that this happened to me I found myself frustrated beyond words. How on earth could someone shoot down MY idea and then re-present it as their own? The nerve of some people! There was no greater way than this for me to learn the lesson of humility. If everything we do is supposed to be for the glory of the Lord, does it matter who then gets the credit? I am reminded of the scene in "Coming to America" when Hakeem drops the wad of cash into the collection plate at the church function. Lisa assumed that it was Daryl who gave, and he took the credit. It would have been easy for Hakeem to shout out "It was me!!" But that would have made his giving about him and never is it about us. As the movie played out, Hakeem began to grow on Lisa for she began to know him for who he was and not what he had to offer. I said that to say, in the end, the reward will be given to the one who deserves it by the one that matters most. Don't look for your reward here on earth, for man can never bless you the way God will. What matters most is that those ideas went into action, for action is what brings about change.

"Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment