Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 27, 2008

"You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled."

Thanksgiving is a day that many have reduced to just a day off of work culminating in good food and football. I have come to view it as so much more. I have been blessed to be a part of so many different families, and on this one day I can catch most of them all in one place. What a blessing. Even though sometimes I take it for granted. I am always whining about wanting a more close knit family and here I have a great grandmother that is hospitalized as I write this, that I have yet to go see. I can't explain why I don't feel compelled to go, just that I don't. I don't know her the way I feel I should, and I kinda think it's too late to try. The truth is.......I feel like that about so much of my family. We are related by blood, but so many of them I would not know if I walked past them in the street. Some might say that this is my fault, because if I truly wanted to know them I could. They might even be right. So today I choose to be thankful for the new beginnings and mercies that are bestowed freshly upon us each day. I am going to make a valiant effort to reach out and get to know the family that I have yet to embrace. No longer will I sit around asking for more of what I already have. I choose this day to make everyday a day of thanksgiving for "Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day."

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice."

No comments:

Post a Comment