Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 8, 2008

"Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back."

I had a really honest conversation with a good friend last night and I must say that it felt good to hear what she really thought of me. I couldn't help but wonder if others felt the same way, and if so, why hadn't they said so? Whatever the case, it was truly time for a little self examination. The funny thing is, she highlighted some things that I have been wrestling with for quite some time that I thought were oblivious to others. That's when it hit me: Good friends tune in even when we've tuned out. And it is in these times that it takes the rod of a friend to get us back in line. Solomon said it best "iron sharpeneth iron." So today I am thankful for all the true friends I have that love me enough to tell me that I need to do better. Because they are I am.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment