Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 16, 2008

“Fighting is essentially a masculine idea; a woman's weapon is her tongue."

I have a tendency to become embroiled in some of the most heated discussions. It is not something that I do intentionally. It sort of just "happens." It's like, I can't help but tell people what I think. I have a rule that I do not comment on that which I do not know, but rarely does a situation arise in which that the case. (I promise I am not lying :-) What I have found though, is that being right is not always winning. I mean, theoretically you may win, but at what cost. Having people feel as though they'd just "rather not" whenever you come around can be a little daunting. Sure, people will acknowledge and admire your intellect, but at the end of the day who really wants to go head to head with a "know it all?" People enjoy conversation in which they can play an active role. This means that sometimes it's okay just to listen to what someone else thinks and to not have the last word. Even though you really are right! :-)

"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."

No comments:

Post a Comment