Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 15, 2008

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."

I had a very interesting discussion with a good friend of mine this morning about the reality of eternity. As I was reading my Bible this morning I began to wonder about why it is that everyone won't make it to Heaven. The preacher makes it sound so simple. The only thing that will keep us out of heaven is our choice NOT to live right. Is it really that simple though? God calls and qualifies us for our rightful places in His will. Throughout the entire Bible are examples of sinners being chosen to carry out a divine work. Could it be that there are some people in this world that are destined to lead others to Heaven although they won't be going themselves? My friend's mother suggested that Heaven would be for all that God chooses but WE will not know the chosen until we've arrived. I can dig that but it doesn't diminish the "what if" factor. What if I'm not one of His chosen? Will I look back at my life and be satisfied by how I have lived? Or am I only living this way because of where I am trying to go? One thing I know for sure is that there'd better be room for more than just 144,000 of us.................or alot of us are in trouble.

"Falsehood is easy, truth so difficult."

No comments:

Post a Comment