Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought December 19, 2008

"Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?"

I have had more jobs than the average person will have in their entire lifetime. This is something that some would say I should be embarrassed about, but I am not. I have had the opportunity to explore many different fields and be paid for the training I received. Each job afforded me with an in depth look at the ins and outs of each industry. As someone who is passionate about so many things, I find it hard to stay in places that require me to pigeon-hole my talent or interests. I enjoy being able to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I find that often times we miss the opportunity in life to indulge in what makes us happy. We've been conditioned to believe that we "must" attend college or that we must "choose" a profession and then stay on that path. I encourage you to abandon that way of thinking. The only thing we "must" do is find our passion. You will often times find that God has gifted you in a way that complements your passion. Dedicate your life to living out that which fuels you. You will find then that you never "work" another day in your life.

"Chase your passion, not your pension."

No comments:

Post a Comment