Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 26, 2008

"Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves."

I have been cursed with the inability to think before I speak. LOL (Well let's just say most times I choose not to) People often times will make the mistake of asking me what I think. They will even go so far as to say......."Tell the truth now!" Knowing full well that they do not REALLY want to know what I think. The sad thing is that after I tell them the truth, I'm left feeling bad thinking perhaps I should have lied. So what's the right road to take? I can't really say, because I still opt for the truth. "No.....that dress doesn't MAKE you look fat, you ARE fat." I guess it could ultimately be said in a nicer way, but the truth is the truth and it will still hurt. I may not like when my friends tell me what they think, but I am grateful for their honesty. It's a blessing to have people that you can be 100% yourself with. So speak up and speak out. Let your voice be heard. Just make sure that along with your opinion, they hear a little love.

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment