Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 10, 2008

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."

I dated a guy once that told me (when we met!) that he wasn't the "marrying type." I paid him no nevermind because I was "different." He meant that about all those other girls. So I proceeded to fall head over heels into this relationship, waiting for him to realize that I was "the one." That realization never came. After several months, we began to fight all the time. The arguments would begin over the most trivial things, but for me they were all about the same thing, his refusal to commit to me. What am I saying? Simply this: If we would listen to what people tell us, instead of hearing what we want them to say, we could save ourselves lots of time, grief, and mental anguish. How many days, weeks, months have you wasted in relationships that were destined to go NOWHERE? Was it really not apparent to you in the beginning that he really didn't want kids, or that she loved her career and intended to continue working? These types of issues don't just go away or change. Stop expecting them to. Besides, the last time I checked, the miracle working messiah ascended into heaven over two thousand years ago and has yet to return....................

"Most couples have not had hundreds of arguments; they've had the same argument hundreds of times."

No comments:

Post a Comment