Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just A Thought November 24, 2008

"Those people who tell me that I'm going to hell while they are going to heaven somehow make me very glad that we're going to separate destinations."

I was telling a good friend of mine this weekend about some new things that are going on in my life, and her response was that she would pray for me. While I always welcome a prayer, I couldn't help but be offended.I can think of several times that I made decisions that were OBVIOUSLY against God's will for me, and never once was a prayer offered up on my behalf. Actually, there was a lot of high fivin' and personal advice being given. So what's different now? Well........the way I see it, it's all in the rating system. We the people tend to rate sins as though one is greater than another. You know how it is, his adultery is worse than her fornication. Their homosexuality is SO much more wrong than your "shacking." Ha! We really need to quit. I believe that many a people will be surprised by where their soul spends eternity. Understand I am not making excuses for not being righteous, although it may seem that way. I am simply saying that we should be more careful how we judge one another and be sure that when we chasten, it's always in love.

"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

No comments:

Post a Comment