Monday, December 3, 2012

Loving.........



" There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human-in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time." C. Joybell C.



It's funny how time and space allow you to fully explore all that you are and have ever been. As I've reflected over my life the past few weeks in an attempt to figure out where I'm headed I've come to see quite a few things differently than I had before. One of those things: love. For as long as I can remember, I have always found myself feeling just a tad bit lost in conversations about love. How can something that by all accounts is beautiful and freeing be so restrictive and limiting? I just don't get it. What is with all the expectations we place on love? Since when is love an investment? From what I hear, the answer is : since the beginning of time. I suppose Adam DID give up a rib in return for a whole woman (IF you believe that story but that's a whole NOTHER blog). But seriously, why must we expect love in return for the love we give? I'm convinced that our expectations are the sole reason for the pain we suffer in life. I've heard about having an attitude of gratitude and I think that when it comes to love, that's really the way to think. I'm grateful for the experience.......for the opportunity......and for the ability.....TO love. If I should be loved in return, GREAT, but if not, that's cool too. Probably because the hardest part of love for me is allowing myself to BE loved. I promise I'll write about that one day........but today won't be that day. Right now, I just want to love ya and be who I am..........*cranks up the music*


"The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned." William Somerset Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment