Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Seriously Wonder.......

How much of an ass was I back when I was a college freshman? I don't remember not doing my work, not showing up for class nor do I remember giving the teacher a "hard time." Okay I'm lying about that, I remember being seen as the problem student. But that was because I learn best via the Socratic method. Many people tend to feel insulted when you question what they tell you. I suppose I can understand that, because I hate when my husband asks me anything. But that's kind of a different story, because bless his heart, I hate a lot of stuff he does. :/ But back to me and school. I find myself sitting in class now wondering why in the hell these kids even bother showing up. No pens, pencils, paper, or books. Just attitude. For what? What the fuck are you upset about? You've got it made right now. This class is the hardest part of your day. FOH with your attitude! If anyone should have an attitude it should be me. Here I am 32 years old sitting in a class that I SHOULD have completed 10 years ago. *sigh* But I'm not mad. In fact, I'm happy to be here. I'm glad I grew past that stage of believing that I didn't need a college degree. I mean, still don't feel that I need one. I just want it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment